How to Use the BootROM Menu to Download and Install a New Image to an EXOS Switch
Table of Contents
- Before rebooting the switch, connect to the switch via the serial console port.
- Reboot the switch. While the switch is booting, press and hold when prompted to enter the BootROM.
- Configure the IP address for the management port: BootRom > configip ipaddress 10.10.10.2/24 gateway 10.10.10.1
- Ping the TFTP server holding the image to make sure there is connectivity: Note: The management port is used for pinging, and downloading the image.
- Download the new image: download image 10.10.10.10 summitX450-184.108.40.206.xos
Rescue mode will ERASE ALL DATA, download a new EXOS image and install it. No data of any kind will be preserved.